Thursday, March 26, 2015

Project #1 - A goldfish named George

Orange is not my favorite color.  I have a skein of orange yarn and a cut of organic bamboo velour (aka OBV for those who are not privy to the lingo of natural fiber sewing) which I avoid like the plague.  I tend to cover them up and pretend they are not sitting on my workspace counter as a constant reminder of the custom orders they were purchased for, yet the remainders lie in wait...  They would surely be waiting forever as when I look for inspiration for a new project, I just don't grab the caution orange.

As I held the skein of yarn in my hand and my kids stared at it, wondering what such a color could be made into, inspiration struck.  It's Goldfish orange!  Surely this blinding orange yarn would be lovely as a color-appropriate goldfish.  It was a simply pattern really, I jotted it down as I went along & took about an hour of active time - though if I wasn't pattern writing as I made it, it would go much quicker!  Wouldn't it be great if I actually wrote out the full pattern?  Perhaps...  

Anyhow, George is beautiful!  I'm not sure what I like the most, the crochet stitches on the body of the ring that looks like scales, the little smile, or the ridiculously adorable fantail!  The orange color fits perfectly and the yarn has a smooth texture which shines just a touch....a bit like a real goldfish does. ")   George might be hard to let go of, he's that cute, but I can not find even a remotely plausible excuse to keep a teether toy in my home. *sigh*

George is currently hanging out in this pond, go catch him before he swims away!


Seriously, fantail cuteness!!

And the fin?! LOVE


George is listed here: *sniff* *sniff*  https://www.etsy.com/listing/227670500/george-the-goldfish-crochet-wood-ring

No comments:

Post a Comment