Wednesday, March 25, 2015

This is the älskar blog project.  It could easily be entitled "Confessions of a Craft Hoarder", but there is a stigma with the word hoarder...and let's be honest, no one really wants to admit they are hoarding fabric, notions, & other treasures.   

Last month it was decided that my daughter needed a flag and not just any flag, a flag that was worthy of waving to cheer her on in her hockey tournament.  We took a quick trip to the fabric store for the flag fabric and some sticky letters and after returning home I started rummaging around in my stash and much to my daughters delight, it was over flowing with more than enough additional supplies to make a tournament-worthy flag, fit for a pink-hockey-glove-wearing defenseman.   The flag was awesome, she scored three goals, and her team won the tournament.  The flag now hangs in her bedroom, alongside her medals.  Score one for Having. Every. Supply. Imaginable.   I am now hiding in shame...

Totes full of supplies, beautiful fabric that was put aside mid-project - and even worse, beautiful fabric just hoarded because it is beautiful.  None of it fulfilling it's project destiny.  It's sad, really.

Even though it is still a bazillion degrees below zero here, I have the most beautiful potted hyacinth in bloom that is telling me spring has GOT to be comings soon and nothing makes you feel more alive than spring.  The need to renew and refresh, to make the living space neat and tidy - though with kids it never stays that way long!

So the project begins!  30 days to create 30 projects, using materials I alrady have.  I am a realist though and realize there may be a few supplies I may need to finish up an item so I am giving myself a $30 budget.  That happens to be the amount of cash I have on hand so I will work in actual cash money...do you remember the last time you actually used CASH??  I may even put it in an envelope and go all old-school...   My aim is to post each item to the etsy store so it will be up for sale.  I have a few ideas but a lot of this will be a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda thing...because that's always fun!

So what is your job?  Check back daily, share the älskar blog project with your friends and family on Facebook, pin it, tweet it, etc!  Nothing is more motivating than pressure. ")

Let the creating begin!

~Becki~

No comments:

Post a Comment