Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Project #6 - Embossed Notecards

I attempted embossing years ago and just couldn't get it to work.  If you have ever seen the embossing powder you know how easy it is to just make a complete mess!  Fine silver powder everywhere was not what I wanted.  I traded the blow dryer and lightbulb for the iron this time, keeping the iron on a very low setting and running the underside of notecard along the edge of the upright iron. This worked magnificently!  It did not blow the powder all over like the blow dryer, or cook the paper like the lightbulb did.  Patience is still key, though you have to work quickly so the ink doesn't dry before you sprinkle the embossing powder on.  A bit of a juggling act.  I would not recommend doing  this with small children around though, it could end up in a huge mess.   I fell in love with this stamp years ago and was very happy to use it again!  I think this would be gorgeous in the girls room with the other vintage fashion decor, stamped with silver paint as a boarder....!  






No comments:

Post a Comment