Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Project #14 - Lavender Eye Pillow

I have been in a lavender kick the past few weeks (my lavender lemonade is to die for!), and this cold damp weather had found me searching for the heating bags to alleviate whatever chill or ache is present.  Somehow, I only have large heating bags... I need small ones.  Boo-boo sized ones, headache sized ones, eye sized ones... I need a whole tote-full of them.  Just because.  And I like them to smell nice, too.    Being that an eye bag was needed, it was the obvious first choice of size to make.  So. Easy. So. Fast.

I chose a cotton for the back and a cotton flannel for the front.  Nice and soft!  Stitch around, turn, stuff, close, done.  I filled mine with rice and added a touch of dried lavender flowers.  It smells devine! A quick 30 seconds in the microwave and it's ready to use.  You could also keep it in the freezer for the hot summer days....I hear some people have those.  We don't usually have that problem in New York...





No comments:

Post a Comment