Saturday, April 25, 2015

Project #26 - Playdress renovation

This was a quick up-cycle - one of my favorite shirts from Gymboree's Glamor Safari line was ruined by silly putty.  The very first time Miss K wore it.  Seriously.  I tried everything, I got the putty off, but it left a stain, sadly.  I held onto that shirt, hoping I could do *something* with it.  Miss N now wears that size so it was time to bite the bullet and stop putting it off.  I picked up a half yard of cotton knit, the same weight as the knit of the shirt, it was on sale so the half yard only cost me $3! 

I wanted it to look like it was supposed to be a dress in the first place so I got out my surger book and learned how to use the gathering foot - this was the skirt would gather as it was overlocked to the shirt, eliminating the dreaded task of having to straight stich and hand gather the whole skirt, then see it without ended up with inadvertent folds.  I hate those...  I was beyond pleased with how easy the gathering foot was to use!!  Why oh why has it taken me 8 years to learn this?!?!  This has got to be my #1 procrastination fail ever.... How my life could have been easier had I know how easy this was!  I see knit tired dresses in the girls future this summer....

I was pleased with the result, Miss N loves her new dress, I love the fact that I only had to spend $3 to make it.  " )


No comments:

Post a Comment