Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Project #20 - Fabric bookmark


Another two minute project needing nothing more than a scrap of fabric, iron-on adhesive, and a short length of ribbon.  I wanted my bookmark to be around 2x6 but you could really make this any size or shape.  I cut the adhesive to fit the fbric scraps, ironed it on, cut around it with pinking sheers, then zig-zagged around with the sewing machine, adding the ribbon topper as I sewed along the top edge.  I added a drop of no-fray to the start/stop point so the threads don't come unraveled.  The pinked edges should hold up well due to the iron on adhesive.  I realize I need to make more of these, they would make really nice little gifts (ie teachers or therapists...), and they are so simple they would be a perfect first sewing project for little girls (or boys) who want to learn to use my machine...  They are so thin they are actually usable! ")






No comments:

Post a Comment